Anna Ventura is an artist and designer born in Barcelona and currently resides in Devon, where she works from her studio at the Tidal Gallery in Kingsbridge.
Anna studied Fine Arts at the University of Barcelona specialising in graphic design. She then carried out her final project in Illustration at The University of Plymouth, where she fell in love with Devon.
She is well skilled in most classic art media and has a deep understanding of print design; reaching a professional knowledge that combines a unique mix of artistic flare and digital language and enables her to apply her creative skills to different ranges of modern art and computer projects. All her designs are elegant and well thought through, understanding the relationships between an audience and the piece of graphic work, whether computer generated or handcrafted.
She has been developing her own business and brands since 2013, using her own name as a trademark for her artwork as Anna Ventura artist,
her surname for her graphic work as Ventura Creative Projects for her collection of design projects,
and now, the Tidal Gallery is the platform that enables Anna to develop new work and interact with other artists and the public.
Her artwork is now mostly only displayed for sale at the Tidal gallery, altough she will occasionally sell through outher outlets.
She has also invited other local artists to exhibit at her gallery, which makes it a unique and interesting exhibition space.
FULL ARTIST CAREER in chronological order:
- FirArt – Open Exhibition, Castellar del Valles, Barcelona. Exhibition for adult professional and Amateur artists (Anna was an exceptionally allowed exhibitor at age 14).
- BA (Hons) Fine Arts at University of Barcelona (with Final project in Illustration by the University of Plymouth), graduating in 2010.
- Harbour House Open Exhibition in Kingsbridge (October 2013 / April 2014 / October 2014).
- Member of the South Hams Arts Forum since 2011 (committee member since 2012).
- Freelance illustrator and graphic designer since 2013.
- Member of A-N since 2013.
- Coordinator of the South Hams Arts Trail (South Devon) between 2012 – 2017 (also their graphic designer since 2013 – present).
- Member of the Salcombe Art Club since 2013 (committee member since 2013 and vice-chair since 2017).
- Yearly Participant in the South Hams Arts Trail in October with Open Studio since 2013.
- Occasional Demonstrator for Winsor & Newton in the South West between 2014 – 2016. (independent demonstrator afterwards)
- Present Maker Art for Christmas Exhibition collective exhibtion at Harbour House December 2015 / December 2016 / December 2017 / December 2018
- Creative Collective Independent Rural Art Exhibition October 2015 / April 2016 / October 2016 (Artist & organiser)
- Member of the Kingsbridge and Salcombe Chamber of Commerce since 2015.
- For the love of Devon solo exhibition at the Flavel Arts Centre, Dartmouth
- Curator and Director of the Tidal Gallery in Kingsbridge since June 2018.
OTHER GALLERIES where her work can be found.
- Hope Cove Gallery, Hope Cove, Devon.
- Salcombe Art Club, Salcombe, Devon.
- The Gallery at Avon Mill, Loddiswell, Devon.