Anna Ventura is an artist and designer born in Barcelona currently residing in Devon, where she works from her studio at the Tidal Gallery in Kingsbridge.
Anna studied a combined degree of Fine Arts and Graphic Design at the University of Barcelona, and in 2010, she moved to Devon to complete her degree with a final project in Illustration at The University of Plymouth. This unique career path has given Anna her flare, a mix of knowledge and techniques in classic Arts, as well as deep understanding of computer design to apply to any modern art project.
FULL ARTIST CAREER in chronological order:
- FirArt 1999 - Open Exhibition, Castellar del Valles, Barcelona. Exhibition for adult professional and Amateur artists (Anna was extraordinarily invited to exhibit at age 13).
- BA (Hons) Fine Arts University of Barcelona (Final project in Illustration by the University of Plymouth), graduating in 2010.
- Harbour House Open Exhibition in Kingsbridge (October 2013 / April 2014 / October 2014).
- Active Member of the South Hams Arts Forum since 2011 (committee member since 2012).
- Freelance illustrator and graphic designer since 2013.
- Member of A-N 2013 - 2018.
- Coordinator of the South Hams Arts Trail (South Devon) between 2012 - 2017 (also their ongoing graphic designer).
- Member of the Salcombe Art Club since 2013 (committee member since 2013 and vice-chair during 2017-2019).
- Yearly Participant in the South Hams Arts Trail in October with Open Studio since 2013.
- Occasional Demonstrator for Winsor & Newton in the South West between 2014 - 2016. (independent demonstrator afterwards)
- Present Maker Art for Christmas Exhibition collective exhibtion at Harbour House December 2015 / December 2016 / December 2017 / December 2018
- Creative Collective Independent Rural Art Exhibition October 2015 / April 2016 / October 2016 (Artist & organiser)
- Member of the Kingsbridge and Salcombe Chamber of Commerce since 2015.
- For the love of Devon solo exhibition at the Flavel Arts Centre, Dartmouth 2017
- Curator and Director of the Tidal Gallery in Kingsbridge since June 2018.